We retain two types of information:
Types of Information Collected
This is data, which identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, address, email address, user IP addresses in circumstances where they have not been deleted, clipped or anonymised, telephone number. Note such data/ information is only collected from you, where you have provided it to us, either here by voluntarily submitting it to us, or my other communications means, such as email, telephone, whats app and other social/corresponding media.
Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
Purposes for which we hold your Information
We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website and services we provide.
Your Personal Data that you provide to us will be only processed for the purposes of responding to your contact and for the provision of appropriate services.
Data Protection Policy and Privacy Statement
Banagher Language Centre, which is a registered trade name of Banagher Language School Limited (known hereafter as BLS) is a provider of English language education programmes and services related to the teaching and learning of English including, assessment and placement, examinations, accommodation, social activities and excursions. BLS is based in Ireland and provides services to clients internationally.
This Data Protection Policy and Privacy Statement explains how BLS collects and uses personal data in the course of its business operations. The company is committed to the protection of our clients’ data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other legislation and is happy to respond to any questions or requests regarding data protection through our Data Officer (details below).
Banagher Language School Limited is a Data Controller. The company is registered in Ireland (IE640028) with it’s business address at Main Street, Banagher, Co.Offaly, R42 V262, Ireland.
What personal data do we collect?
BLS may collect different information from you at various times based on the requests your make or the contact you have with us. The information we collect is generally related, but not limited completely, to the following:
- Identification – including name, age, gender and identification details;
- Contact details – for communications purposes;
- Enrolment details – such as mother tongue, course preferences, progression, preferences and special requirements as well as feedback and survey responses;
- Technical data – including IP address, duration, browser type in order to secure our testing services or to provide such services as WiFi;
- Images – with your consent when attending BLS activities or events;
- Marketing preferences – such as your interests in and use of our products and services.
How do we collect personal data?
Personal data may be collected about you at times when you, or a representative on your behalf, engage or communicate with us, such as when:
- Information is requested from us or you ask us questions about or products or services;
- A registration or enquiry form is completed, a booking is made or a contract established for our products and services;
- Our websites are visited and web-based services are used;
- Competitions are entered or you attend an information session or company event; when you engage with us for marketing research purposes or in an activity such as providing us with feedback or opinions;
- You engage with us by phone or by using a social media channel, email, blog or other communication method;
- You visit us as a student or visitor.
How do we use personal data?
Your personal data is used by BLS based on one or more of the following:
- The consent that you have given;
- To deliver a contract that is agreed;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To comply with legal obligations or public responsibilities placed on us;
Because of our legitimate business interests?
We will use your personal data solely to:
- Provide you with information on products and services that you have asked about or that we consider to be of interest to you;
- Allow us deliver contracts for the products and services you have booked with us;
- Help us to monitor, develop and improve our products and services;
- Send informational communications to you regarding our activities, products and services.
We may use Google APPs to conduct analysis on the data that we receive through the use of our websites, social media channels, products or services and report on this information for business purposes in a manner where personally identifying data is removed. BLS will not conduct automated data processing operations on personal data.
How do we share personal data?
BLS may share personal data only in cases where it is necessary for us to:
- Engage with authorised parties, such as agents, who operate on your behalf;
- Deliver, or enable delivery of, products or services that we have contracted with you or on your behalf;
- Comply with the requirements of regulators, immigration or other governmental authorities or as required by law.
Where we engage with third parties to provide products or services, we confirm that suitable and compliant controls are in place for the protection of personal data, and that data sharing is minimised to that which is required for the delivery of the services and products only.
Do we transfer your personal data to other countries?
Data transfers within the European Union and European Economic Area (EU/EEA) are protected by the rights and responsibilities established the General Data Protection Regulation. Only relevant data pertaining to host arrangements will be shared. If it is necessary to transfer personal data beyond the EU/EEA, we will ensure that there are suitable protections in place to ensure the security of the data that is transferred.
How long do we keep personal data?
BLS will retain your personal data for the duration of our relationship and for a defined period of time, subject to legal requirements and obligations. Any data held there after will have all personal identifying information such as name, contact details removed.
Sale of Business?
How to control cookies in your browser?
For more details on cookies and how to control them, visit www.aboutcookies.org
What are your rights?
You can ask us for a copy of the personal data that we hold about you. You can also ask us about how we collect, process or share your personal data. In addition, you can ask us to restrict the way we use your data, may ask us to update or to delete the data we already have. To exercise your rights you should contact the Data Officer (email@example.com). We may be limited in some requests owing to legal or other public obligations placed on us. We will respond to requests and will explain any cases where we cannot complete what you have asked. In most circumstances there will be no fee for requests.
Also if you should have concerns about the use of your personal data at or by BLS please document same and send for the attention of the Data Officer to (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will investigate your questions and respond accordingly. You maybe require to provide some additional information to verify your identity so we can assist or satisfy your query.
If you are unsatisfied and we have not responded adequately or in a timely manner, you may contact Data Protection Commissioner (Ireland – www.dataprotection.ie).
Changes to this Statement
BLS may update this Statement from time-to-time.